Thursday, December 11, 2008

tell him I said come on

I'm getting tired of your shit
You don't ever buy me nothing
See every time you come around
You gotta bring Jim, James, Paul and Tyrone

See, why can't we be by ourselves sometime?
See, I've been having this on my mind for a long time
I just want it to be you and me like it used to be, baby
But you don't know how to act

So matter a fact, I think you better call Tyrone
And tell him come on help you get your shit
You need to call Tyrone
And tell him I said come on.

I'm thinking that perhaps My Morning Jacket covers Erykah Badu's 'Tyrone' because she says Jim James in the song. But whatever the reason, it is an excellent cover. And it is pretty funny.

My Morning Jacket - Tyrone (Erykah Badu cover)

Ms. Badu even makes a surprise appearance with MMJ at a Dallas concert to sing her song--Tyrone.

No comments: