Tuesday, November 11, 2008

November is for cold hands

Few singers fall harder than Stephin Merritt. I just recently found out about yet another of his side projects--Future Bible Heroes. I don't know how they could have possibly escaped me, but I was missing out.

I don't know how many LPs they have made (two) or when they came out (1997 and 2002) or if the band is now defunct (it's not), but I love it. And that's all that matters.

I don't know how many songs Claudia Gonson has sang on under the instruction of Mr. Merritt. Her voice fits the music and lyrics so beautifully. You Pretend to be the Moon is so melty and hush hush. Parfait.





So here's to you, Claudia. The perfect accomplice to these songs of woe and pining.

Future Bible Heroes - You Pretend to be the Moon

Future Bible Heroes - Lonely Days

[ Right click and 'Save Link As' ]

No comments: