Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Scener ur ett äktenskap (1973)

I wanted to write a little bit about the genius of Ingmar Bergman's Scenes From a Marriage. I'm not classy enough to have seen many of his films so this is my introduction to him. This began as a television miniseries and then they cut it down to make a movie. Both are available... I happen to be watching the mini series version.

I wanted to find a video clip but I cannot find any with English subtitles.

It is so good and so intense and I really do recommend watching it. And unlike these stills, it is in wonderful 1970's color film.










Ingmar Bergman shooting Scenes From a Marriage with Erland Josephson and Liv Ullmann.

And some accompanying Swedish songs. One by the Acid House Kings, a great Swedish pop outfit. Another by the one and only Jens Lekman.

Acid House Kings - Save it for the Weekend
Jens Lekman - Psychogirl

No comments: